[at-l] Sticks and Stones

I use cheap Leki's and thought it would be difficult to get used to using
two, but after some time I have grown to liking using two instead of one.
They have saved my butt from falling on more than one occasion, especially
in wet conditions. The straps are handy when grabbing a tree as you are
trying to pull yourself up hill and the poles are not enough to do the job
or the mud is too deep for them. The wrist straps are also handy, as in
skiing, to say, adjust your cap or wipe sweat from your brow, when there is
no place to lean them or stick them in the ground.
It is of course a personal preference, some find they do not need them at
all, or a stick found at the trail head does just fine.

Doug