[at-l] Night Light

I used a mini maglite with a jakstrap (available from
Campmor) for the first part of my (southbound) hike.
With the longer days, I usually would have my journal
entries taken care of long before it got dark (and
half the time I was already asleep by the time it was
too dark to write!). My mini maglite worked fine, but
it seemed I was always having to replace the bulb.

I switched to a Princeton Tec Quest LED headlamp in
the middle of my hike. I did a lot of pre-dawn hiking
once daylight savings time ended. I used it once for
night-hiking on my day-long marathon hike from Jerry
Cabin Shelter to Hot Springs. This was a GREAT
headlamp for night-hiking. It is supposed to last
something like 40 hours with regular batteries and 100
with lithium batteries.

Hope this helps!

Waterfall
ME-GA 2000