[at-l] The tent fee for Tdaze

--- DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:
> I think that a $10 tent fee for the whole weekend (5 days, actually) is
> pretty fair.
<snip>
> I don't think the town trying to continue to provide us the
> services it does by charging this fee is unreasonable.

### I think that $2/day is phenominally reasonable, too, and I'm
flabbergasted that anyone who's attended Trail Days would have any problem
at all with paying such a fee. I'm dumbfounded.
Knock-me-over-with-a-feather disappointed, in fact, that voluminous
letters of protest would be issued when, were the authors to think first
about what *they* would require to host such an event, said protest
authors might instead send grateful letters of praise for past efforts,
and make statements of support and hoped-for success for future efforts.

I'm done.

Sloetoe
Ga->Me'79
who's camped, drummed, drank, ate, sang (but not swum), picked up PILES of
garbage, written the occasional check, and been tremendously grateful that
he didn't have to put Trail Days on himself.
http://backcountry.net/arch/at/9908/msg00162.html

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10