[at-l] political activism

WHHAWKINS@aol.com wrote:

> The damage to White House facilities is now estimated to top $200,000,
> according to insiders, with senior staffers now expressing concern that
> computer viruses may have been planted by bitter Clinton/Gore workers.
>
> WIldbill

I think the virus is probably a rumor.  Years ago I worked for a company
that did some work for the VP office - a few VP's ago - we went down one
time to setup a demo of some stuff for someone else's office down there
and we were in this room where machines are stacked by the shelf-loads
practically shrinkwrapped.  The guy said when someone leaves, their
machine is removed and 'archived' in case they need something on it.
The new person in the job doesn't get the prior employees machine unless
its extremely low level practically only answering the phone type job.

So, if they do that for employee changes, I cant begin to imagine what
they do for whole gov't switchovers!  Esp since each 'person', pres/ vp,
etc's office gets to pick their network and other software.  We were
there cuz he had us when he wasn't a VP and he kept our software and
stayed on Novell cuz thats what it ran on.  They pretty much replace
everything - again at our expense.  So, i'd say the networks & servers
are being replaced anyways as standard op procedure.

Paula
another geek.....