SUV's ... was [at-l] political activism

We are talking about heat from oxidative processes, not nuclear
fission. If you were able to make 5.7 pounds (roughtly 12Kilograms) of
gasoline undergo nuclear fission, the energy released can be calculated
by E=m*c2, where E is in joules, M is the mass of the gasoline, and c
is the speed of light - squared.

I am not sure what you would have left, but it would be negligible
carbon dioxide.

Now if you are interested in the chemical reaction and heat generated
for oxidative processes (remembering the limited combustion time
available in the average internal combustion engine), we might be able
to discuss the volume and mass of the exhaust gases. If I were
interested in that, I would be an active participant in the CE-L
(Chemical Engineering List), and rarely partake of the AT-L.

However, judging from some of the heated rhetoric here lately, nuclear
fission might be the ticket!

Bill...