[at-l] SOBO's and other stuff

DaRedhead
=snip=
> She also saw the guy (NOBO) who started on the 1st of Jan on his
> "triple crown" attempt - said he made it to Erwin in 18 days.  And he
> wasn't slackpacking.  I forgot his name.

"Never B" [Brian something].  Campanero ran into him on Jan 5th between
Big Spring and Siler Bald shelters [Winding Stair Gap is 107 mi from
Springer so he was hiking at better than 21 mpd].  A week later someone
reported running into him on the trail in GSMNP.  Erwin (338 mi from
Springer) in 18 days is a 18.8 mpd average!

Darn! Metaphorically I feel like the old man who went to the doctor
feeling lethargic and had the doc say that I had to cut my sexual
activities in half, to which I replied: "Which half?  The lookin' at it
or the thinkin' 'bout it?"

Is he wearing a blue cape with a big red 'S' on his chest?

Did Miss Janet say whether he was carrying snowshoes?

Bob Brooks