[at-l] Etiquette lesson

<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; Gee, thanks, Kahley.&nbsp; In taking the time to publicly excoriate me for alleged breaches of etiquette, I find it remarkable that you never once had anything to say about WHY I was considering this regrettable option.&nbsp; Or do you perhaps think it's acceptable to&nbsp; for someone to send out personal, nasty, unsigned mail to folks, and then skulk in&nbsp;their basement with&nbsp;their computer shut down so they can evade the replies?&nbsp; If&nbsp; I'm tacky for considering exposing this boob in public, then what do you feel about HIS behavior, eh?&nbsp; Kinda interesting that your strident little screed had nothing at all to say about him.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In short, Kahley, spare me any more etiquette lessons, OK?&nbsp; For a teacher to have any semblance of credibility, they have to be a bit more openminded.&nbsp; And as for there being "skunks" in your shelter, well at least when I send off something strong, or something controversial, at least I have the integrity to sign my name to it, to accept responsibility for it, and to answer and respect the right of other folks to reply to it.&nbsp; What is skunkish behavior Kahley, is to throw bombs under the protective cloak of Internet anonymity, and then not have the integrity to stand up and take the heat for what you've chosen to put in print.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I regret this post; I'd have preferred that it didn't take place; I'd have preferred that Kahley wrote to me in private regarding her disagreements with my last post.&nbsp; However, by attacking me in public and by name (as I pointedly DID NOT DO with the fellow who has been pestering me), she invited a public response.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Lastly, I urge people to re-read the last paragraph of my recent post, and also to re-read Redhead's recent letter, regarding civil tones and respect.&nbsp; It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable, but it takes a little effort.&nbsp; One way to improve the level of discourse is for people to be upfront and open with their views and thoughts, and to be willing to take full, open, and public responsibility for controversies and arguments that arise from the publication of their thoughts&nbsp; To do otherwise, as Kahley has put it, is pretty tacky.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;here's to cordiality and adult, mature discussion,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jack Tarlin</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>P.S.&nbsp;&nbsp; K. also mentioned that I have time to deposit skunks here, but never the time to share.&nbsp; In point of fact, I correspond with an awful lot of folks about trail-related matters, particularly prospective thru-hikers.&nbsp; In most cases, because of the personal nature of the letters, or&nbsp; due to excessive length, I choose to keep most of this correspondence private.&nbsp; But for Kahley to state that I have no time to spare to help or share or provide useful information to folks is plain and simply, a complete crock of garbage.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Once again, she's sounding off about something that she is regrettably ill-informed on.&nbsp; I urge her to temper her comments in the future, or at least get her facts right before criticizing folks by name in a public forum.&nbsp; To do otherwise is not only ill-advised, but seems to me to be a breach of&nbsp; etiquette.&nbsp; One would think that self-appointed dispensers of&nbsp; Internet manners would!