SUV's ... was [at-l] political activism

In a message dated 1/25/01 2:31:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tyoung@kskcommunications.com writes:

> 3.  Although it may seem like a remote link, SUVs are increasing the risk of
> climate change.  One-third of all U.S. carbon dioxide pollution comes from
> transportation.  Since 1990 SUVs (and light trucks) has led us to use an
> extra 70 billion gallons of gas.  For each gallon of gas burned, 20 pounds
> of carbon dioxide are emitted.  An extra 6 pounds of carbon dioxide are
> released for each gallon of gas produced (Source: AAA).  That is
> 1,820,000,000,000 pound of carbon dioxide, just on the extra fuel SUVs used.
> Keep in mind that yesterday Mobil/Exxon reported the highest revenues every
> for a company.

I am in trouble.  I own six light trucks and one biggun.  Only the one I
drive gets twenty miles to the gallon.  None are older then 1996 except the
one I drive.  Most get 16 miles per gallon.  I guess I am polluting the world
but we planted over 15,000 2 in by 12 feet trees.  Gave away 42,000 crape
myrtle seedlings to local school kids.
And hauled them all in a gas guzzling 2 ton truck.  I guess we are just
backing up.
     My wife wants one of dem der new Eddie Baeur Expeditions.  I sure am
glad I can tell her something besides, $42,000.00 are you nuts!!!!!!   Now I
can tell her she will pollute the world so she can't have one.  Couldn't
afford it any way.

Clyde

PS  On the bright side I am driving my daughters Escort to the SE Ruck
because it gets 44 miles to the gallon.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---