[at-l] SOBO's and other stuff

Did you guys realize how many southbounders are still on the trail?????

I was talking w/ Miss Janet today, discussing Ruck rides, and she's waffling a bit about rucking, because Isis and JackRabbit are due in tonight or tomorrow.  I mentioned I didn't realize there were still southbounders on the trail, and she said there are a bunch still!! Many last week, many expected over the next week in Erwin. I guess if you're going SOBO you don't have a deadline like you do for Katahdin, huh? :)

She also saw the guy (NOBO) who started on the 1st of Jan on his "triple crown" attempt - said he made it to Erwin in 18 days.  And he wasn't slackpacking.  I forgot his name.

And as a footnote, so to speak - come on, listers. In the past week or so I've seen more "attacks" on this list than I've seen in the past year. And you can't blame it on Jack, <g> because it started well before his post about Norton.  One thing this list has always had going for it was that even while we were violently disagreeing on something, we did it politely, with regard for peoples feelings.  I would have used the word "tolerant" to describe this list to a "t". The tone here recently seems to be less about tolerence for other peoples differing view points, and more about calling names and putting people down for their differences.  Maybe we could do a little more "I think this way because" instead of "you're an idiot because you think" type of stuff.  Maybe?  This isn't aimed at any one person, so no one take it personally, okay. It appears to apply to liberals and conservatives alike. It is just an observation in general.  Let us all Ruck this weekend, whether north,!
  s!
outh or virtually, and come back
 together happier and more tolerant, okay?  We all love the outdoors, or we wouldn't be here. Lets focus on the common bond instead of on the different political opinions.

We need more smashmellows and less smashing . . . :)

The Redhead