[at-l] Gale Norton, political activism, and this list......

At 06:13 PM 1/24/01 -0600, Billie H. Cleek wrote:
>If you'd actually like to learn something about Gale Norton that's not
>from the leftist standpoint, then checkout http://www.speakout.com and
>enter "Gale Norton" in the search box. It'll bring up a lot of info, some
>of her qualifications, her viewpoints (as stated by her), criticisms of
>her, etc. In short, speakout.com is a site that is there for the voter,
>not for the liberal or the conservative.

Okay, I looked at both sites. I didn't see anything on the site above that
contradicted the SC site, it said it more politely (politically correct?)
or that made me see her as a really good candidate. I'm neither left or
right, Democrat or Republican. I'm a lifelong independent. I do value
wilderness and don't buy the "multiple use" philosophy that says we can cut
the trees, strip mine the minerals, pollute the air and drain off the water
to promote more growth in Southern CA and it'll still be wild. Apparently
the proponents of "multiple use" never read a dictionary. Wilderness is
*not* defined as a piece of land arbitrarily designated as wild regardless
of what man does to it but that appears to be the belief of Ms. Norton and
company.

Saunterer