[at-l] Cameras and sweat

Reminds me of the "great idea" I had last spring while hiking Bradwell Bay on
the Florida Trail. Seems that the water in Bradwell Bay, even in dry seasons
like last year, can come up to my hips. So putting the camera in a pocket
wasn't an option. (Heck, I wouldn't even take my good camera in that swamp. I
took the point & shoot.) Anyhow, I couldn't put it in my pack, since I'd have
to take the pack off every time I needed the camera...not an easy manuever in
a slippery swamp where your feet are underwater and your boots stuck in mud
most of the time.

So....I opted for the cleavage. Not that I have much, but I could get to it
easily, it wouldn't get wet (the Olympus was water-resistant, at least), and
it fit, thanks to the cut of the sports bra I had on. Off I went.

Discovered after a couple of hours of hiking, the differential between my
body heat and the outside air meant I had to wipe off the camera lens EVERY
TIME I pulled it out and opened it up to take a picture. Still, I got some
great shots! (See GORP.com for details:
http://www.gorp.com/gorp/location/fl/hik_bradwell.htm)

Cheers, Navigator