[at-l] Tarp Set Ups AT the PA Ruck?

Ann,
Please bring all your gear & you'll get many worthwhile suggestions that
will enable you to better enjoy your hike.  Don't forget the tarp as folks
will give some advice there also.
The reason the Ruck began was to help a future thru-hiker so you'll keep
the tradition going.
See ya
John O

At 07:05 PM 1/23/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Aloha All!
>

>Thanks to Ramkitten telling me of the PA
>Ruck, I'm now looking forward to attending and learning lots from what
sounds to
>be an expert group of backpackers.  Ahhhhh heck.... ... I'm just excited
>about sitting around listening to trail stories and putting faces with
>names.  Anything else is icing on the cake.
>

>I do have one small request if I may
>though.  I'm considering carrying a tarp on my upcoming AT thru-hike and
>would greatly appreciate anyone willing to spend a bit of time showing me
the
>"ways of the world" where tarps are concerned.  I have purchased a 10 x 12
>SIL tarp from Campmor and would be a very willing listener/student to anyone
>willing to regale me with their abundance of knowledge and "show me"
>attitude.  In short, I could use your help in figuring out if this is
>really a viable option for me.
>

>Lastly, Ram assures me that you all won't
>laugh to horribly loud if I bring all the gear I'm planning on carrying,
plus
>some other under consideration, and ask for your expertise once again.
>Both in paring it down and packing it up.   What's the step below
>amateur/novice?  That's probably where I fall when it comes to
>backpacking.  Kayak camping is so much easier!  Anyway, any and all
>help would be appreciated.
>

>In the meantime, have a great
>week.
>

>Aloha - Ann
>

>--- rockfever@earthlink.net

>multipart/alternative
[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]