[at-l] If a tree falls in the forest...

In a message dated 1/23/2001 8:52:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bullard@northnet.org writes:

<< As an Adirondack lean-to (shelter to y'all down South) maintainer I have
 remind everyone that on some State (and Federal?) lands even a maintainer
 can't cut a suspect tree without permission. That said, 'widow makers' that
 were adjacent my lean-to or the camping area have been known to come down
 while I was on a maintenance trip. They just sort of fell and no, Mr.
 Ranger, those aren't saw marks on the end. Looks to me like the woodchucks
 around here finally learned to chuck wood.

 Saunterer (Nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing.) >>

That's bogus!  Why would you ever consider cutting a tree down along a
protected area (from mans whims) ?

Very curious,  Sly