[at-l] Stop Nominee Gale Norton's Senate Confirmation

At 03:14 PM 1/23/01 -0700, Earl Needham wrote:

>      Sierra Club?  I thought I heard something about the founder (or
> founders) leaving the club because it went away from the original
> purpose?  Not sure about this one...

This takes the cake..what timing.
I just got my mail.  In it was another big fat PAPER envelope from ....
you guessed it..The Sierra Club!

I have never joined or sent them money or acknowledged their mailings
in any way shape of form but they just keep coming!

They take eight sheets of paper to tell me that Bush is the bogeyman
and congress is full of extremists yet use a non profit stamp to mail it
to me.  Yes, I also heard that the founder quit in disgust and I don't
blame him.
All that paper and propaganda to get me to send them 15 bucks and I get a
free back pack to boot.  If they would have just not sent me anything during
the last ten years, I mean saved the price of the printing  et all, they'd be
more than fifteen bucks ahead.  I know..the paper is recycled and recyclable,
but the d*mn glossy stuff has to go to a town 15 miles away.  How is that
helpful?

There was a time when I respected the Sierra Club, but when they bent over
for Clinton
they revealed the truth about what they are all about.  Power and money and
feel good legislation.  It'll take more than their knee jerk appraisals to
make up my mind.

It you want to really do something for the environment, get rid of your
central heating.
Shut down rooms you don't need and heat them only when you do.  Buy used
sweaters
and wear them.  Think it won't help?   From 1975 to 1985, we had central
heat and
averaged 407 gallons of heating fuel per year.  From 1986 to 1999, we used
kerosene heaters
and used an average of 208 gallons per year.  So in the course of 15 yrs,
we have
saved as in NOT USED,  almost 3000 GALLONS OF PETROL PRODUCTS.
Hey Sierra Club.......................stuff that in your junk mail and
shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM PART OF THE SOLUTION.......... YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM
</rant>

SAVE THE FORESTS FROM ACID RAIN  >>>INSTALL A CLOTHESLINE