[at-l] gore-tex boots

Gore-tex boots will keep your feet dry IF water does not get inside them
and you do not sweat too much.  SOOOO, methinks it depends on your hiking
style. Since I actually wade through streams with boots on, GTX does not
seem to work all that well for me. :D  I also sweat a fair amount, and if
anything, GTX seems to make it worse.

To be honest though, for me, I have not seen a large difference between
Goretex boots and non-GoreTex boot. I wore LL Bean Cresta Hikers for
approx 1500 miles of hiking, and they became wet and dried as slow as the
Asolo 535s I also wore for another 1200 miles worth of hiking, that did
not have a goretex liner.

So...the great answer to the goretex debate. It depends.. :D

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.