[at-l] If a tree falls in the forest...

A recent thread focused on fears, founded and unfounded, so here=B9s one of
mine...

Look around pretty much any campsite along the AT and you=B9ll see lots of
dead but standing trees. Often, they are used to tie lines for tarps and
such. Which sometimes gets me ta thinkin=B9: Does anyone ever get creamed by =
falling tree while they innocently and peacefully sleep at night? Now I
imagine such a thing would make the papers, and I=B9ve never heard of it
happening, though I=B9ve heard of hikers being struck by lightning.

Is this a stupid question? Go ahead, tell the truth, I can take it...  :)

Signed,

Sleepless In The Wilderness

multipart/alternative
  text/html