[at-l] Re: GoreTex boots was Re Gore-Tex

OK, my Goretex Vasque Sundowners kept water out quite well. But, eventually that feature seems to
fade and even cleaning them carefully doesn't bring it back all the way. I've also come to
personally prefer, day in and day out, a lighter shoe that will let my feet breathe more easily.
Towards that end I now wear something like Salomon Raid Winds. They dry pretty quickly and I can
always just put a dry pair of socks on.

I have mixed feeling about gaitors. I'm not a big fan of stuff getting into my shoes, but I've not
really found a pair that I like either.  They're one more thing that can fall apart on me or that my
feet can get really hot in.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **