[at-l] Re: Re Gore-Tex

Gore-text for me has had so-so success. I've found it very easy to overheat and/or moisten in
goretex garments. The only time such things work for me is when the outside temperature is cold and
then a simpler waterproof shell works just fine too.

Also, unless kept pretty clean the pores seem to clog and you end up with something even less
effective.

For rain gear I'm either using a silnylon poncho with chaps or Frogg Toggs jacket with chaps (rarely
rainpants  though I do have some).  When wondering around towns in my day-to-day life I either wear
the Frogg Toggs or a simple nylon rain jacket (if it's warm an umbrella is fine, though I tend to
loose them).

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **