[at-l] Hikeu

> My humble suggestion is that the convective purity of this question
> thirsts for the wisdom of a haiku from the champions of the form....

Like most trails, there are two ends
Each opposite from where it begins
6 months in between
When you will seldom be seen,
But, stranded? I guess it depends. >>

Nice job Felix, but that is actually a limerick. An amazingly tame one,
considering the form and the source, but a limerick none-the-less. Here is
the definition of a haiku (looked up in Merriam-Websters):

<<First appeared 1902
 : an unrhymed verse form of Japanese origin having three lines containing
usu. 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively; also : a poem in this form usu.
having a seasonal reference -- compare TANKA>>

So, I offer this for the list's edification:

Ain't got no Gore-Tex
Umbrella cell phone or gun
Just a thru-hiker

Um, I guess that would be a Hikeu.