[at-l] Re: Phenix City hiking fix

Delita,

The Pine Mountain Trail is located in FDR State Park near the town of Pine
Mountain, GA.  It is adjacent to Callaway Gardens, and Mapquest says its 32
miles from Sin City, better known as Phenix City, to Pine Mountain.  The
trail is 23 miles long and I've not hiked it, but
http://www.pinemountain.org/2105-2.htm gives a description and
www.pinemountain.org gives you a good starting point for the area.  On the
Alabama side, I'm unaware of any nearby hiking alternatives.  There's a
national forest between Phenix City and Montgomery, near Tuskegee, but I
don't know if there are trails there.

If you get down to visit your family over next Christmas, the lights at
Callaway are fantastic.  Bundle up and take the trolley.  You'll also need
reservations.

Eat some BBQ for me while you're down there...there's a place in Phenix City
on the main street going into downtown, 14th street I think, named Mike &
Steve's or "somebody and somebody's" that has (or had) great food.

Take Care,

Tim

On 21 Jan 2001 16:59:47 -0800, Delita Wright wrote:

>  Also, I am going to be in Phenix City, AL (where I have kids & grands)
for a week mid-February.  Can anybody suggest a day hike?  Maybe 7-8 miles?
For me by myself or with my 25yo son?  Thanks.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/