[at-l] trail newbie

If you aren't scared, you would have good reason to doubt your sanity.

>From my sectioning and talking with thru hikers, I suggest that you
should expect all your expectations to change. Breathing, sleeping and
eating are very different away from the highway and flatland. You are
about to enter an adventure that can be terribly boring and mundane
much of the time. Endurance and perseverance are probably more
important than courage. Courage only gets you to March 1. The other
stuff gets you to Katahdin.

Good luck.

Bill...