[at-l] Data Books in PDA format?

At 01:04 PM 1/19/01 -0600, Cleek wrote:
>The disadvantage, of course, is that they require battery power, they're
>made from sensitive electronic components, and they're not really made for
>the kind of abuse that they'll encounter during 6 months in the woods.

Sort of like most new cameras (both digital and otherwise) but we carry
them. I have a Palm Pilot and it's small enough that it's fairly easy to
protect. Anyone planning to use one on the trail should get a Palm III
series not the Palm V series. The III models use ordinary AAA batteries. In
ordinary use the batteries will last 2-3 months. The V model recharges
through the cradle when you are synchronizing it with your desktop
computer. It could go dead on an extended hike.

Saunterer