[at-l] Re: packless

In a message dated 1/18/01 11:04:24 PM, pvillen@imap1.asu.edu writes:

<< [Doing the math...] Hmmm....So you were pretty strong for a two-year-old...

Well you are so nice.  But in 1958 I was 16 years old.  I drove to NH with a
buddy from Highs School who was into scouting.  I think the whole trip was
his idea, I just happened to have my drivers liscense and a car.  We spent a
week hiking in the Presidential range.  I had know idea what I was doing.  I
depended totally on my friends experiences.  That is my first hike, my first
exposure to the AT, my first time on Mt Washington, my first awareness of the
AMC.  But I have always remembered that trip and my desire to hike the AT.  I
think you were missing some numbers in your Mathematics.  I had may 59
birthday last week.  Next year on January 10th I will be eligible to retire
from teaching with full bennefits.  Then I will begin final plans on my
AT-Thru hike.  Been waiting a long time.

                                                Art