[at-l] POSTSCRIPT Rabies..OT ....LONG....DELETE AT WILL

ROTFLMAO and grateful all will be well with you soon.  Well some things
will be well soon & other things will take longer to get well.  The things
that deal with rabies should be well real soon and that is real good.  So
get well soon with the things you can get well with soon.  Your right cause
I have no idea either.
See ya

At 12:48 PM 1/18/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Thought I'd give a blow by.  The ER is only about 25 mi. away but
>there are 22 redlight twix heare and theare.  I'll spare you 'check in'
>and skip to my classification. G D....on the wrist band which I later
>came to realize translates to 'Gathering Dust'..
>
>Eventually, I was put in a tiny room....a tiny room with a dripping faucet.
>Drip .....drip .....drip..  I'm of the firm belief that if there is a
>shared neurosis
>that hikers are most likely to have, it's claustrophobia.  I have it.  Add
>that
>to my dislike of hospitals (well earned in my case since I once picked
>up a nasty bug in this same hospital which resulted in 41 days in isolation),
>I was already not a happy hiker.  But..of all things.....there was a rocking
>chair in the room.....a really nice one actually.  So I contented myself
>with vain attempts at meditation and rocking to the beat of the drip drip
drip.

>A tiny little Dr arrived, inspected the bite scene, informed me
>of six deaths in '00 in the US.  I admit to having second thoughts when
>he informed me i had to return to the ER for each the the 5 shots.  He
>noticed my vacillation, so he said he granted that the odds were low,
>but that I didn't seem like a stupid women.  I let that pass.  What really
>did it was the fact that I had been bitten by a bat when i was a kid and
>kept it a secret (having broken the rule.."Thou shalt not try and play with
>the bat) and several times by dogs and cats, plus fish, chippies and a
>horse..
>I figure this shows a pattern and the dr. said the shots would provide life
>long protection...(yeah...right).....'Thou shalt not push your luck' rang
>in my ears.
>That plus OB's story about bricks and it was a go.
>
>Off he goes to order the meds....evidently from the manufacturer <sigh>
>and I was left to amuse myself with the rocker, the even tinier, closed
>room and
>the drip drip drip drip.  No clock, and I don't have a watch so I don't know
>how long I stayed there before leaping to my feet to open the door.
>I stood in the doorway, managing my breathing.  Suddenly, from the open
>door of the tiny room next to mine came the distinct sound of someone tossing
>cookies.  Now I'm what you might call a sympathetic barfer.  The smell,
>sight or even sound triggers me.  So I shut the door for another undetermined
>period of drip drip drip.  The walls close in....sweat forms......breathing
>becomes rapid and dash for the door again.  Dry heaves erupt nextdoor..
>Repeat same.
>
>I ignored hospital policy and left my cubical......I can hear your collective
>GASP!!!  I mosied thru the halls searching for the tiny dr, then, more or
>less just
>staked out a piece of wall near a door with a window thru which I could see
>another
[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]

[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]