[at-l] Re: rabies vaccine and hi again!!

> FWIW, there is also a Rabies vaccine out there.  I
> had to get it before my
> trip to Asia.  Even though I never got bit, when I
> saw packs of feral dogs
> fighting in the streets, I was glad to have had it.
> I'm pretty sure the
> vaccine is different than the after-bite shot
> though.  But, it was no big
> deal either.

My wife had to have the rabies vaccine when she was
going to Vet Tech School.  If you get bitten by a
(possibly) exposed animal after you've had the
vaccine, you get to only get 2 shots instead of 3 (or
4?) that unvaccinated people have to get.  (At least
that's the way her vaccine worked...)  The clinic she
worked for had a cat some through her clinic and die
at another clinic.  The other clinic contacted her
clinic and said, "oh, by the way, that cat showed
signs on rabies, but we had it cremated before we
could do a test.  You might want to get checked out."
So the entire staff that so much as even touched the
cat had to go to the hospital.  (Cost her clinic a few
thousand dollars to get everyone through the
series...)  About 6 of them showed up at the same time
and were each assigned a separate gurney in the ER
area.  But they kept moving the curtains back and
forth so they could talk.  Eventually the nurse moved
them into a single area and wrote them up on the board
as "Rabies People."  Other patients gave them a wide
berth once they saw the board.  ;-)

And, I'm baaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaack.  Some of you remember
me from years back as Waterboy, or even further back
as Schuyler.  This past spring, I earned Pickle while
hiking from GA to Southern PA.  So, HI!! to all of my
old friends, and HI!! to all of my new friends I met
this spring!!  Type to ya soon...

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz