[at-l] begin again, begin again

Delita - congratulations on your walking.  What's the URL for the walking
list?  I'd be interested.  Since Jim's neuroma isn't getting any better,
we've done little walking since we got off the trail, and it's driving me
crazy.  I walk at noon, and we do short walks on the local bike path or
Billy Goat Trail (short but intense over the rocks near Great Falls) or
along the Northwest Branch (longer, but flat), but it isn't the same as real
hiking.  This weekend was the first time we got into the mountains since we
left Washington.  We did a short hike in the Shenandoahs, up the Buck Ridge
Trail and down the Buck Hollow Trail.  It is a good training type hike,
steep as the Stecoahs — a good lesson in humility.  Despite the cold gray
day, the ice on the trail, and the burned forest around us, we were utterly
happy — back in the mountains again.  We didn't see a single person, and
heard only the sweep of a crow's wings overhead, the rustle of leaves
underfoot, and the babbling of the stream down the hollow.  It isn't often
that we drive longer than we walk (5 hours to and fro for a 3 hour hike),
but we needed it so much —
Ginny