[at-l] 1st Aid Kit

Not really. The idea is to avoid _all_ contact with biological fluids. That
includes saliva, sputum, mucous, blood, vomit, and other things commonly
found in airways. It isn't just a matter of avoiding skin to skin contact
during mouth to mouth resuscitation. Ideally, I would have a splash/spray
guard over my face as well as breathing equipment. BTW, I carry an ambu-bag
in my car's trunk, as well as a few airways.

I would not carry as big a kit as the list describes. If I came upon a
person in respiratory arrest (for instance post lightning strike), I would
attempt to first check vital signs, open airway, assure no obstructing
objects in mouth and airway, quickly wipe the mouth and face with a
bandana, and start breathing for the victim. I would like to know about the
victim's illnesses and communicable disease factors after the resuscitation
(successful or not), and seek treatment prophylactically at that point
based on current CDC guidelines.

But, recognize that this is this doctor's decision process. It is not I
would necessarily recommend to others.

OrangeBug