[at-l] BeginAgain Began Again - with mixed results

Thanks for writing.  I did get a little bit ahead of myself - but not by plan, by not paying attention.

One thing I realized after going back and looking at my log - I had done 2 mile days all week and was beginning to feel good. But I did a lot of 1 miles and some 1/2 miles adding up to 2 mile days.  Not the same.  (In this log I keep walking and hiking records).

Anyway, you are right - it won't do any good to overdo, and what was so funny is that is ONE thing I probably really have learned and I am always preaching it to the walking listserve I moderate.  Oh well.  Today I woke up with no residual effect - no sore muscles, no blood sugar hangover.  I still took the day off and will tone down my hike tomorrow - and use my hiking stuff.

One thing I started about a week ago that has already become a habit and gotten easier (that I think will help in the long run) - I have a couple flights of stairs at work and at home and I've started *running* rather than walking up them.  Funny how fast it got easier.

Really, I can do today about twice what I could 2 weeks ago.  I just need to stick with the daily stuff.  And keep my eye on the prize...
Delita