[at-l] PA RUCKSTERS....Paper or Plastic??????

Well, one thing we did on the Colorado River (I worked for a river outfitter
for a while) was set up tubs...one with hot/warm water with some soap in it,
one with some bleach water in it, and one for rinsing. The passengers and
crew would each go along from tub to tub and wash their own sets of dishes.
Something like this was also done at Upper Goose Creek cabin when I stayed
there on my thru-hike this past year. The wash basins were set up outside
behind the cabin for us each to wash our own dishes. That same thing COULD be
done at the Ruck (although...of course...the water would have to be changed a
few times for that many people). That could 1)eliminate so many people from
the kitchen and 2)lessen the amount of water used, because you don't have
running water going the whole time. This COULD be done on the porch, perhaps?

Maybe I'm getting carried away. I just think there are always ways to lessen
waste and make things more efficient at the same time. That's kinda part of
what I do as a farm caretaker who's really into homesteading and sustainable
farming. I'm constantly looking for ways to cut costs and waste on the farm
while increasing efficiency. It's trial and error and a big-time learning
experience. So maybe this particular issue at the Ruck is not THAT big a
deal...but I still don't like the idea of paper/plastic...although I'm not a
purist.

Ramkitten