[at-l] Gear Storage

I have my gear in several of those copier paper boxes. These are labeled
by category, like Food; Water stuff (bottles, bags, filters); Winter
clothing; Extra clothing; Cooking. My son and I each have a box for our
clothes we use on every hike. All these boxes are stacked on shelves that
I built into the corner of the closet. Our packs and inflatable pads are
stood upright in the other corner while the sleeping bags are on padded
clothes hanger so they don't stay compressed.

I have a check list on the computer so I can print it out before each
hike. The list is a generic shopping list with everything on it, summer
and winter stuff, long hikes, short hikes, photo trips, base camp trips,
etc, etc, etc. I use a marker to line out the stuff that I wont be
needing on the up coming hike then the rest of the list is used to check
off stuff as it goes into the pack.  I adopted Collin Fletcher's way of
organizing gear and the boxes and computer list conform to his method.
Other than buying food, I can put my gear together for a hike is an hour
or two. Hopeful
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.