[at-l] I Know I'm a Hiker Because.....

In a message dated 1/12/01 7:42:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lwbooher@halifax.com writes:

> Remember the thread last year or the year before (what?!  already?!)  about
> "You know you're a hiker if....."?  Well, I know I'm a hiker because I
> signed off on my Anglican Musicians list as anklebear.  Traditionally, we
> sign off with our full name and church and location.  They'll be scratching
> their heads on that one.  (c:  Leslie (anklebear)

The other day I was hiking on the Rails-to-Trails trail and came to one of
the trail heads just as my father-in-law was driving by.  He stopped and
asked if I wanted a ride.  If I rode with him he would go the back way to my
house and there would be a gate to open if I kept walking I could just go up
the front.  I decided I really didn't want to mess with the gate so I hiked
on.  After he left I thought to myself "I must be nuts it is six miles to the
house.

I must be a hiker if I would rather walk six miles than open a gate????
Clyde

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---