[at-l] money planning

So you spent $3200 + the money for your maildrops? How much did the food
in your maildrops cost you? What about total postage?

Yes.  Food in my maildrops... very cheap because I waited until stuff was
on sale... I had several months... started watching stores in November,
left in March.  I bought the Lipton's on sale for $0.74 each so 150 times
0.74 is about $110.00 - remember you'll eat in town sometimes.  (Compare
this to about $1.20-$1.50 each along the Trail)  Then add candy bars,
ramen, poptarts, etc ALL bought in bulk from local warehouse-type store.
Food probably cost about $200.00 total (the protein bars I bought at my
gym, and they were especially expensive.  I bought these in bulk too, they
gave me a good deal, 120 of those.)

For postage - I left it up to my sister.  Pre-hike I gave her $400.00 for
postage, film development, unexpected expenses etc.  At the end she gave me
back $50.00 so add another $350.00.  So total was about $550.00 expenses
for pre-hike bought food plus postage and film development.  Sorry I don't
have the specific breakdown; I'm sure the development was expensive,
especially since I got double-prints.  Oh yeah, and 20 maildrops, so
postage for 20 boxes.  She was good at shipping on time and adjusting to my
hiking speed, so she never had to pay for the priority-overnight stuff.

Twilight