[at-l] planning

I did most of the things on your list with the following exceptions:

- Didn't sell the car - left it at the parents house
- Didn't buy 5 days of food - bought 6 months worth of liptons,
     ramen, tp, vitamins, cleaning wipes (pkgd into ziplocs)
     snacks, nutrigrain bars, film, replacement disposibles
     (like moleskin, bandaids, soap, toothpaste)
- Pack maildrops but didn't close them and left them with my sister
     to ship.  I left lunches out so I could buy variety on the trail.
- No bus tickets - plane ticket and arrange rides to/from airport
- No waiting :-) just hiking
- No plan to get home, figured it would all work out, which it did.
- No looking for a job/updating resume

And added:
- Arrange for someone else to get my mail and pay credit card bill
     (used along trail)
- Pay car insurance 6 months
- Pay healthcare 6 months
- Leave money for storage to be paid