[at-l] Is there a doctor in the house, er, list?

I tend to agree, but we get into a semantics problem. I look at an
emergency kit that includes life support for me and my gear. The goal
is to have everything that would keep me independently alive for 24-48
hours, assuming that I would have people searching and locating me in
that time. It needs to be small enough to fit on your body
conveniently, such that you would not leave your tent for toilet or
water or neat view without it. It should have items with multiple uses,
such as the bandana. Medication choices should be very simple and
specific to your situation.

It should include ID in case you are injured and unable to communicate,
or if you want to make the medical examiner's job a bit easier. Paper
and pencil help to document where you are, what happened, what was
attempted and how much time has passed. Latex gloves make excellent
containers for such an emergency kit, and help whomever has to lay
hands on a wound.

I also look at the stuff attached to my pack. A RidgeRest makes
excellent substitute for a SAMS splint, for instance.

Darn, Sloey, you got me started when I've got other priorites, such as
NYPD Blue!

Bill....