[at-l] Drilling & trees, etc...

Sloetoe wrote:
>Renewable does NOT mean inexhaustable. Solar power is an inexhaustable
>resource. As is wind power. And tidal power. (Solar derivatives, to be
>sure.) Fish, forests, etc, are not inexhaustable, and our country and our
>decision makers need to know the difference without question or
>qualification.

Sir Toe:
Nice to see someone inject some historical reality into this mess.  The only
thing I'd reserve judgment on is the 'inexhaustibility' of solar power.  If
you take a long term view, that's not really true.  But hopefully none of us
will live to witness the depletion of that energy source.  Of course, most
people (as in the 'average bear') seem to think that the oil supply is
inexhaustible too.  I have a different view of the world - use it up (the
oil), watch it (civilization) crash, and let's get on with what comes next
:-)

Walk softly,
Jim