[at-l] New Found Freedom on the AT!

Thank you for the response. You indicated exactly what I anticipated. A
good marriage has more going for it than simply being joined at the hip. I
suspect that the communications are more intimate for you two (even if
seeing each other only once during the hike) than it is for many who never
leave the city limits without the other. Steve knows how to listen, and you
know how to talk. I suspect that you are also a good listener to him.

I'd encourage you and Steve to discuss your experiences at RUCKs and
Gatherings for other couples.

It is rarely a good idea for any intimate relationship to require total
agreement and demand participation in all endeavors. It is always to good
idea for adults to share a pair bond, but to have engaging individual
lives. It helps to maintain the romantic tension and variety, without
increasing the risk of violation of the pair bond. It requires the very
challenging chore of maintaining communications - something that TV,
computers, work, travel, children, the clock, and other items love to invade.

BTW, was "Dumpcannon, PA" a Fruedian slip, an editorial comment on the
town, or a misspelling?

OrangeBug