What it takes to "through"Re: [at-l] Tuba Man . . .

--- DaRedhead@aol.com wrote: I am not awed by the fact that he carried a
> tuba, but am awed, as always, by the fact that he completed the
> thru hike.
> Only thru hikers (and I'm not one) understand what it takes to do that -

### Understand?
In all humility, Yer Redness, I am still learning what it takes to do a
throughhike. Now going on twenty-TWO years after the fact.

I may not have the answer yet, but the asking is sure educational.

Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10