[at-l] Hiking Boots

Okay I finally did it!  Went out today and bought a pair of hiking boots
that I'm allowed to wear (inside only) for two weeks then can take back
if need be.  I bought them at Backcountry Ski and Sports Inc. here in
Blacksburg, VA.  The brand is Tecnica and the guy seemed to know a lot
about boots.  They are supposedly waterproof and breathable leather shoes
that are made wider than most hiking boots.  I wear a size 7 1/2 Wide
shoe usually, but they had nothing in a wide.  They looked at ordering
hiking boots in wide widths but very few come in wide widths (go figure!)
 Anyway they were the most comfortable on my feet.  I bought a size 8.
He also told me that I would probably go through 2 sets of hiking boots,
no matter what I bought!  Is that true?  Some feedback please.

Sparrow 2001

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.