[at-l] More of the Trip Report

The Redhead said:
>In a message dated 1/1/01 10:56:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>goinggoinggone@webtv.net writes:
>>
>>   I wonder if anyone has ever had occasion to try bear-strength pepper
>>   spray on an aggressive wild boar?
>>
>That's an interesting question.  I think if something that huge and mean
>charged me, I'd have a hard time standing still until it was close enough for
>me to use the spray!!
>
> The Redhead

I wasn't too worried about it, I knew I could run faster than you.

Ha!

tv (tom)

p.s. - I'm rejoining the list after a few years of not really thinking
much about thru-hiking, to sort-of starting to think about it
again...so, hello again...

p.p.s - If you do a search for boars, just about every link has to do
with hunting or eating them, but I did turn up these:

http://www.oksportcol.com/hog_arti.html

http://www.areaparks.com/greatsmokymountains/wildlife.html

BTW Red, check out the 2nd link...The dog/coyote/fox thing I saw
Saturday a.m. looked just like a red wolf...