[at-l] Tuscarora Trail

--part1_46.eaf9ef9.27824d14_boundary

During the Christmas break, Chase and I hiked 47 miles of the Tuscarora
Trail.  We began at Skyline Drive and ended at Cedar Creek, FDR 1863.  The
weather cooperated and we had a little bit of snow on the trail, not enough
to snow shoe upon.  Temps during the day were around 28* and the coldest
night was 5* (luckily it was calm that night).  We met 8 hikers and 2 hounds
on the first day, and thereafter had the trail to ourselves.  The winter
views from the ridges were outstanding.  Every day we flushed a grouse or
two.  We also saw fresh bear tracks, a dozen turkeys, several deer including
a 4 pointer Buck, and one lonely squirrel.

I really like my new Lowa Renegade boots.  My pigs stayed warm and dry.

Chase, the photographer, posted some pictures of our hike at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/wb4pan/tuscarora/00.html

Enjoy!!

Cindy

--part1_46.eaf9ef9.27824d14_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>During the Christmas break, Chase and I hiked 47 miles of the Tuscarora <BR>Trail. &nbsp;We began at Skyline Drive and ended at Cedar Creek, FDR 1863. &nbsp;The <BR>weather cooperated and we had a little bit of snow on the trail, not enough <BR>to snow shoe upon. &nbsp;Temps during the day were around 28* and the coldest <BR>night was 5* (luckily it was calm that night). &nbsp;We met 8 hikers and 2 hounds <BR>on the first day, and thereafter had the trail to ourselves. &nbsp;The winter <BR>views from the ridges were outstanding. &nbsp;Every day we flushed a grouse or <BR>two. &nbsp;We also saw fresh bear tracks, a dozen turkeys, several deer including <BR>a 4 pointer Buck, and one lonely squirrel.
<BR>
<BR>I really like my new Lowa Renegade boots. &nbsp;My pigs stayed warm and dry.
<BR>
<BR>Chase, the photographer, posted some pictures of our hike at:
<BR>
<BR>http://friends.backcountry.net/wb4pan/tuscarora/00.html
<BR>
<BR>Enjoy!!