[at-l] ELITIST = SNOBBERY

Hey don't blame me, blame  Miriam Webster!
Don't belive me?  Go ahead......look it up....I'll wait.
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

OK..so there is a degree of snobbishness among thruhikers.

But I say there should be a degree of snobishness among us all!
We hike...there for we are.  And we are different.  And i fear, a dying breed.

Business is slow so Hub and I have spent more time than usual on our feet.
We have hit trails and fields and parks in a fifty mile radius.  Other than
ski trails, and the first 1/4 mile from the parking lot, we have seen
almost NO HUMAN TRACKS!!!
I'm talking virgin snow that fell over two weeks ago.
I'm talking about fields within three blocks of town and parks within 1 mile.
I'm talking about playgrounds even...no tracks!!!!!

So we are different.  We go play in the cold.
Some of us dress in layers and walk when it's -0 wind chill.
Some of us go out when the stuff that flows from our nose freezes on our
moustaches
or maybe we wish we had a moustach for it to feeeze to.
Some of us walk when it's so hot that were blinded by our own sweat.
Some of us love walking in the rain.
We're nuts...sooo ..next question?

As a person who has never walked for more than 4 days at a stretch, I will
grant the thrus
their snobbishness if they grant me mine.  I lord my legs over the couch
potatoes who never
go out in the cold <g>.  Lord save us from a world where you no longer see
little kidlette
prints in the snow.
The sun is out and the sky is blue.
The pork and saurkraut is in a slow oven.  It will cook till we return.
We're gonna go find another virgin hill to climb  Happy football game <VVVSEG>