Re: [at-l] reality

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> PS - This is Jim's 2 cents -
> Ginny and I have both been to some of the places in
> the world that gave us
> reason to thank God that we were born Americans...

IMO one has to be real aware of what this means,
especially in the area of consumption. The American
lifestyle is what it is AND it is not such in a
vacuum.  Many of our products and/or their raw
materials come from these places of disease and
poverty that we are speaking of and not necessarily
on equitable terms. So, I think one has to be real
careful of talking up our lifestyles at the same time
as we discuss what is happening elsewhere.  We share
at least some responsibility (all of us in the
choices we make) for those conditions.

Ben / Turbo Turtle