Re: [at-l] Hiking and Teaching

Our son worked for a company in AL that worked with wayward youth in a
live-in, camp-style situation.  He was a cabin counselor (and it requires a
degree in psychology, I think).  He adored the job, but, because it was a
live-in job and he was gone from home 5 nights a week, it was very hard on
his marriage.  He finally gave it up and went home to our delightful
daughter-in-law full time (and to graduate school).  Anyway, he got to live
in the woods in a cabin with maybe 8 kids, wear hiking garb all the time,
etc.  And the land was exquisite: a perfect bowl where the central
activities were in the center and the cabins were up the sides, hidden in
the woods.

Leslie (anklebear)