Re: [at-l] look at me stunts

   "Elite"?!?!?!?! thru-hikers?!?!?!?!, You got to be joking!!!!!, man has
been walking on this earth lugging his life around since the beginning of
time, and you consider yourself "an elite" just because you took a 6 month
sabbatical to go play 4 days at a time in the semi/civilized woods????? Now,
I am not thru-hiker, I will never be one most likely, after I finish with
all my obligations to "other" individuals I am responsible in "my real
world", I will be too old to go play for six months all at once, so, I am
happy to say that I will never be counted among that illustrious "elite"
that you call yourself.
I will just be a week end hiker, no pretensions to be anything else, after
all, the only reason I do it is just to get off "my real world" and enjoy a
bit of what the good Lord created for all of us. No other reasons than
personal ones, I do not need anything to carry around other than my carcass
to impress anyone, since going to the woods is just for my own entertainment
and therapy

Having been living in other countries for half of my present life, I can
surely say, that until you don't see people going thru trash heaps to find
breakfast, or seen people die of malnutrition or pestilence, or the
barbarities of war, you really have been very blessed and sheltered, and
didn't yet have a taste of the "real world" most people in this planet of
ours lives in. Hope and pray you never have to see it though.

May the New Year bring you all your heart's righteous desires.

Orens. (a non-elite human)