Re: [at-l] More Whisperlite input

In a message dated 12/29/2000 4:19:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tim.Hewitt@fairchildsemi.com writes:

<< The more I read about the care and feeding needed to keep a Whisperlight on
 the trail, the more I know I made the right decision and carried a stove
 with no moving parts... >>

Let's see, in nearly 800 trail meals since I've owned my stove (whispelite
internationle) , I've never had to dismantle it, however, on several
occasions did I have to moisten the gasket in the pump which takes all of 30
seconds to remedy.

Not bad, and consider I have only used a 11 ounce fuel bottle on both the AT
and PCT where fuel was always readily available, but I regress I did have to
use auto once in Troutdale and that cost me 10 cents to fill.  They can also
be tweeked to simmer, if in the mood.

And (stepping off my pulpit) if I'm not mistaken, the Whisperlite won the
boil off at last years Ruck!

Sly

To:            at-l@backcountry.net