[at-l] Re: Re look at me stunts and Goose Creek etc

I've just section hiked the trail. I've no doubt I could through hike it though I'm not sure I want
to take the necessary time (my biggest reasons being that it's a lot of time away from the house and
I don't have a sufficiently reliable way of making sure things get taken care of here; and, I enjoy
going to a variety of places each year and couldn't do that if I spent the bulk of the year on the
AT) to do it, but I've had this comment made to me too.

There are so many books on "how I did the [pick-a-trail] trail" out there that even though friends
keep saying, "Ken, you write so well that you should do a book," I don't know what I'd bring that
would be different and interesting.

I think if I wanted to write a book I'd have to do any writing with that in mind. That would change
the nature of a hike. I can't say if it would be a positive or negative change. But, it would be
different.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **

To:            at-l@backcountry.net