Re: [at-l] Katahdin Reservation Information

In a message dated 12/28/00 6:15:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

<< the meteor shower in August, >>
That was literally awesome last summer! The Northern Lights were out for two
nights in a row, and I met TJ and his son Billy Goat at Katahdin Stream
Campground for the second night. The meteors were leaving long coloured
streaks, and TJ had me convinced you could actually hear them go
"ssssssssssssssss". There were a dozen of us lying on our sleeping pads,
ohhhhing and ahhhing as though it was the fourth of July. I remember that a
Thru Hiker had night climbed Katahdin the night before with the Aurora and
meteors flashing over his head. What a way to end a thruhike of the AT!
OldMaster
oidmaster@aol.com

To:            list-aldha@netword.com, at-l@backcountry.net