Re: [at-l] new years hiking in the??????

me.  the old town of proctor is the best part of that trail. otherwise it's a long
and easy trail.

I was talking to the "walk in the woods" guy, last week.  He sold me on trying the
"old settlers trail" on the NE side of the park. near cosby.  there appearantly
 is a lot of history on that trail.  old cabins, grave sites, rock walls, etc.
you could make a loop with a small section of the AT.

t.

<DaRedhead@aol.com> wrote:
>Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:47:52 EST
>In a message dated 12/26/00 9:04:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, dkiefer@JJG.com
>writes:
>

>> Any other suggestions, or anyone else planning things this weekend?
>>

>We picked a lower elevation loop trail, The Lakeshore Trail starting from the
>road out of Bryson City.  Mileage is longer but the 20 some miles along the
>water shouldn't be that difficult.  Starting Friday afternoon, coming home
>Monday night.
>
>Anyone hiked this before?
>
>The Redhead

>multipart/alternative