Re: [at-l] Re: shin splints, foot expansion and HTML

I recently went to one of my favorite stores in Manchester, VT , The
Mountain Goat, for a new pair of Goretex Boots.   I needed a larger pair
well actually, wider pair through the toe area and a wee bit more length.
 He said that due to my fallen arches and inward pronation that the foot
is widening and lengthening.  This sounds like the same thing the PT said
to Scott.  I too have suffered from shin splints.

I bought a pair of Lowa Renegades GTX, weigh 2 lbs 7 oz for the pair. My
pigs have lots of room and the boot is flexible in the heel so I don't
anticipate any heel blisters like the Sundowners I owned used to give me.
This is my second pair of Lowa's, I have a really nice pair of Women's
Lowa Trekers GTX size 8 up for grabs.

Cindy

To:            at-l@backcountry.net