[at-l] 2 years...

Welp, two years ago today I hiked in to Hot Springs. On the
way, I passed
some hunter-type men. They were teaching an unhunter-type
kid to be a
hunter-type kid. They were chasing, yes 'chasing' a squirrel
through the
woods. Well, dad and junior were. Granddad was yelling at
them. The
first thing I heard as I was coming down the hill (the hill
that you go
down to get to the bridge over that highway north of HS) was
a bunch of
shooting, then a bunch of yelling. I waited a little while,
up the hill.
The shooting stopped, and I started again. The fellers were
all standing
on the Trail when I got there, 'cept for the kid-type one. I
talked to
them for a while. They were okay, just not real good
hunter-types. At
least the kid-type one.

Anyway, I got to town at about 11. I called my good friend
Alice
Kauzlaauzlaauzlarich. I ate fajitas while I waited for her.
We went and
visited Wingfoot for a while. In fact, I think that is where
she met me.
She took me to a grocery store in a town that wasn't Hot
Springs. That
is where I did one of the things I regretted most on the
entire hike. (I
did not regret the thing that happened in Buena Vista. I
regretted the
results. Big difference.) I was in a grocery store, and a
hardware
store, and a dime store. I did not regret this part. The
part that I
regretted was the part that made me say "$15 for a
disposable camera? No
way I'm paying $15 for a disposable camera." When I was in
the Smokys, I
would have paid $115 bucks for half the camera. I would have
given my
left liver for one on Thunderhead. I would give my GED
certificate for
one picture of that sunset. (Were I to have my GED
certificate, I mean.)

Again, anyway...I spent a very enjoyable evening with the
Kauzlaauzlaauzlariches. (From now on: Kuazes) This is where
I found out
that my dad has prostate cancer. Don't ask him about it. He
won't talk
about it. I also learned two things about chickens here. Who
would have
thought that there were two things I didn't know about
chickens?

I slept in the basement.

--
Felix Navidad